Personalized prayer cards can be a beautiful one of a kind lasting keepsake. A gift you can create to honor your loved one. It is not uncommon for these cards to stay with your guests for months, years or even decades to come.
What is a prayer card you ask? They are usually business sized (2.5″x3″) cards that can fit into your wallet. They often feature a picture of the deceased, a special prayer, poem or scripture and a background design. Many times these cards are titled “In Loving Memory of…”. They may also be titled with your loved ones name, birth & death date.
Here are 5 Simple Steps to Creating a Prayer Card
1. Choose your favorite photo of your loved one.
2. Choose your favorite poem, prayer or scripture. Many families choose a prayer that reminds them of their loved one. Or you may choose a saying or scripture that reminds you of them.
3. Do a little research on the internet to find a place that creates and prints prayer cards in a short time frame. There are plenty of companies that are able to do this on the fly. However, many of these web companies do not use professional designers, instead they use templates (pre-designed graphic backgrounds). Keep in mind that a professional designer may cost a little bit more, but the overall look and feel of your card will be one of a kind and make an impact that template based prayer cards may not.
4. Contact your designer or web company and send them your photo and text file. Get a quote and expedite the order. Don’t forget to check the shipping costs and inquire about how much time it will take to produce & ship.
5. A last option could be to design the prayer card yourself. With a program such as Microsoft Word, you can add a photo, text and background and get business cards printed at your local Kinkos or print shop. Take note however, that often times your local graphic designer may be able to do the same job for not that much more money.
Often times, families do not have the time or energy to create their own prayer cards. It is a last-minute detail many families often forget. However, this little detail is so very important as it imprints a lasting memory of your loved one and stays with guests for months to come. Professional designers will help you to create a one of a kind beautiful keepsake in the most efficient and timely manner. Contact your professional memorial prayer card designer today!