Why wait to the last minute when planning a funeral? We have years and years to do it and most of the time we still won’t have it done when we need it. We probably procrastinate just because it is a subject we don’t want to deal with.
But let’s look at this in a practical way – just for a moment. Pre-planning your funeral is really a wise thing. It will save you a lot of money and will save a lot of grief for your family members.
- Planning your funeral should be just like buying a car. The steps are all the same. Just think how y ou would buy a new car.
- Shop around. Don’t just go to the local neighborhood funeral palor. They might be nice, convenient and local but they might not be the best or cheapest.
- Just as you wouldn’t buy a car without perusing the sticker on the window, you need to do the same with your funeral planning. Ask for a price list of all their services and caskets.
- Don’t feel as if you need to buy certain things. Just like you wouldn’t buy a car with a sun roof if you didn’t want it.
- Don’t buy a “Cadillac” when you only need a “compact”. You’ll look just as a good in either one.
- Just as with a new car, there are somethings that are required and somethings not. Same as with Funerals. State laws require somethings and not others. Make sure you find out what is legally required and what is not.
- Shop wisely. You probably don’t need a big elaborate viewing, funeral or services. By limiting all this you can save a bundle. There may be other things that you can cut back on and save money too.
- You wouldn’t wait until your car breaks down to get a new one, so don’t wait til you are on your death bed. Start shopping early. Shop around and compare prices and options on all the funeral services and items.
The bottom line, planning a funeral, whether your own or someone else’s, is no enjoyable matter. Unfortunately it needs to be done and is not really as bad as one makes it out to be. Doing it now will be wise in many ways. You’ll save much money and much grief from your loved ones.
funeral printing services